Economics in the US
To gain the skills needed to decipher complex market movements, add problem solving and analytical skills to your repertoire and gain business acumen, no course is better suited than studying economics. In fact, economics can be applied to any type of profession or industry and can prove a valuable asset for your career trajectory.
An undergraduate degree will give you a great foundation of knowledge in economics, allowing you to foster both personal and professional growth. A great destination to study economics is the US, as it allows students to gain a global perspective and also allows them to learn at some of the best universities in the world. Let’s explore the opportunities for Indian students wanting to study economics at an undergraduate level in the US.
The Best Places to study Economics in the US
For students looking to study a Bachelor in Economics in the US, some universities stand out from the rest for their proficiency and the quality of the faculty who interact with the students. Here are the top places to study economics in the US:
- Harvard University: Founded in 1636 and considered as one of the best universities in the US and probably around the world to study economics and business, Harvard University has world-class faculty teaching courses at every level. From Managerial Economics to Healthcare Economics and even Behavioural Economics, Harvard’s expertise in the subject allows students to focus their studies and prepare for their career in the best way possible. Students looking to apply must do so before December 1st, with the relevant transcripts and IELTS or TOEFL scores attached.
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology: Located in Cambridge, Massachusetts and home to over 11,000 students, MIT is among the finest colleges in the US. Students can choose to enrol for an undergraduate program in Economics with one of three majors – Economics, Mathematical Economics and Computer Science, Economics and Data Science. Students must apply online and pay a USD 75 application fee. The minimum IELTS score required is 7 and your relevant transcripts must also be submitted when applying.
- Stanford University: Located in the Bay Area in California, Stanford is one of the foremost colleges to study economics in the US. Students applying to Stanford have to pay an application fee of USD 125, and must have 3 letters of recommendation, their IELTS or TOEFL score and their transcripts at the ready. A statement of purpose not longer than two pages is also to be drafted by the students.
- University of the Incarnate Word: A private institute founded in 1881, the University of the Incarnate Word in San Antonio, Texas offers students the chance to learn Economics on a campus spread over 200 acres. Students applying for the Bachelor of Science (Business Administration) course can start their studies from home with TheWorldGrad. This allows a student to complete anywhere between 6 to 30 credits for their undergraduate program with TheWorldGrad, before progressing to the US and completing the remaining credits. The cost of education and living expenses are both cut down when studying with TheWorldGrad’s All American Undergraduate Program, which also allows students the advantage of up to 6 intakes in a year. The application deadline for students at the University of the Incarnate Word is rolling.
- University of Dayton: Located an hour away from Cincinnati in Ohio and founded in 1850, the University of Dayton is among the top institutes to study economics in the US. Students applying for the Bachelor of Science (Accounting and Marketing) can do so through TheWorldGrad’s All American Undergraduate Program. This program allows students to pursue their education from the comfort of their homes and significantly reduces the cost of living while earning the required credits for the first year. On completing the same, students progress to the university and study on-campus to complete their education. The application deadline for students wanting to enrol to the University of Dayton is March 1st.
- Auburn University: Ranked as one of the best places to live in the US, Auburn Alabama is home to Auburn University. Founded in 1856, Auburn University is home to over 24,000 undergraduate students. Indian students seeking admission to the Bachelor of Science (Business Administration) course can apply with TheWorldGrad’s All American Undergraduate Program. Doing this allows students to maximise their chances of a successful visa application. Additionally, students are given a customized study plan depending on their chosen university, majors and more. After completing up to 30 credits from home with TheWorldGrad, students can progress to the campus in Auburn, Alabama to complete their studies. The deadline to apply to Auburn University is February 3rd.
- Tiffin University: Founded in the year 1888, Tiffin University offers students a chance to study economics in a campus spread over 135 acres. Students from India can apply for the Bachelor of Business Administration (Marketing) course with the help of TheWorldGrad’s All American Undergraduate Program. This program allows students to study from the comfort of their homes for a year and accrue credits that can be used in any American university. Once they acquire up to 30 credits from the program, students progress to the campus to complete their studies, allowing them to save on the costs of living and education in the US. The application deadline at the Tiffin University is rolling and students can take maximum advantage of this with TheWorldGrad’s hybrid programs offering up to 6 intakes a year.
Studying economics allows students to apply its principles in both a personal and professional environment, allowing for immense potential for growth. With the help of TheWorldGrad, students can save on the costs of living in the US, gain credits and have a smoother visa application process when looking to study abroad. Each program is curated and crafted on the core curriculum and academic standards of the destination country, preparing students in the best way possible for what is to come. Students can complete up to 1 year of their education from home before progressing to the University of their choice for the remainder of their studies.
To learn more about TheWorldGrad and the All American Undergraduate Program, you can get in touch with our admissions team.